I hope you’ve seen the updates and know that our space on Valencia is looking beautiful! We still have so much work to do, but we met at our new space this morning and I couldn’t be more excited.
There are lots of preparations to be done before we open and I know there will be plenty of late nights. But, one of the things we need most is a pastry chef. We need someone to whip our pastry kitchen into shape. We’ve gathered ideas for our cafe offerings over the past few months and even had a decadent chocolate breakfast as a trial run. But, we need an experienced pastry chef to lead the way. I’ve listed the full job description below. If you’re interested, we’d like to see your resume and a short draft of a proposed menu. The menu need only be your first thoughts.
We’ll hire for other positions in a few weeks, but we need to focus our efforts on a pastry chef at the moment. When we have other positions available, I’ll put them up on our blog as well!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Designing recipes and plating for an inventive, chocolate-focused menu to include pastries, a suite of hot chocolates, and specialty desserts
- Costing, sourcing, and ordering the ingredients necessary to execute the menu
- Vetting the menu with the public and making alterations in preparation for opening
- Running the daily operation of our pastry kitchen, including managing any future support staff
- Soliciting feedback about menu on a regular basis, then refining and innovating offerings
- Contributing feedback to our chocolate makers to help them to produce an outstanding product for baked goods and confections
- Passion for working with chocolate
- Must have 3 years of experience leading a pastry kitchen
- Demonstrates inventive uses of ingredients and a strong aesthetic sense
- Ready to lead a kitchen with a positive, enthusiastic attitude